Call for Papers
1. Call for Papers
KIMS accepts papers addressing various themes related to (broadly defined) maritime affairs, including maritime security, naval strategy, naval/sea power, maritime capability, maritime economy, maritime history, maritime law, maritime environment/resources.
2. Submission Deadline and Notification of Acceptance
- Papers will be accepted between 1 March 2021 and 31 March 2021
- Candidates selected for the best papers award will be announced on 30 April 2021
- Contributors must hold a doctoral degree from either a Korean university or institutions abroad
4. Quick Submission Guide
- Article manuscripts can be written in either Korean or English and must not have been submitted elsewhere for publication in another journal. Please refer to the editorial guideline for more information.
- Article manuscripts should be submitted via KIMS online portal.
- Details will be announced via KIMS Kakao channel
5. Prizes for Best Papers
- Paper of the Year: 2,000,000 Korean Won (KRW)
- Second place: 1,500,000 KRW
- Third place: 1,000,000 KRW
※ Papers that have not been selected for the best paper award, but have been selected for publication, will be rewarded 700,000 KRW per paper
6. Miscellaneous Information and Inquiries
- The paper(s) must represent original piece(s) research by the contributor(s) that does not conflict with South Korea’s research ethics and has not been published elsewhere
- Korea Citation Index (KCI) provides plagiarism detection service. We kindly ask that the contributors submit the results of this anti-plagiarism test when submitting the article manuscript.
Further inquiries, please contact us through
KIMS Kakao Channel